Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What are You Thankful For?

So, I tend to stress out easily on occasion. If you know me, this is no surprise to you. I am anal. I know it. It is something I have been working on. In some respects, it makes me a very functional person but in others can cause anxiety.

As I sat in my very warm car the other day thinking about what I need to do/accomplish/fit into the day there rode by a clearly homeless person with his 'home' strapped to his bike in below freezing temperatures...and I realized three things that really hit home:

I have never wondered where my
next meal was coming from.
~
I have never had to think about where I was going to
sleep at night because I have always had a clean/dry
bed in which to lay my head.
~
I have ALWAYS known that I was loved.

There are many people in the world that cannot honestly say these three things.

How very lucky am I?!!
~
How lucky are you?!!
~
I am so very thankful for so very many things.
God Bless you this holiday season.

No comments: